High grade herbal extracts manufactured at the highest standards are strictly practitioner only, dispensed by a qualified Naturopath. The quality and therapeutic value is higher compared to over the counter herbs. The herbal tinctures and herbal tablets dispensed here work as tonics for the body, even though the taste sometimes might not be pleasant – it works on the whole body to provide inner balance.
Selected Highest Quality Nutritional Supplements
At the Food Intolerance Clinic, nutritional supplements recommended adhere to strict ethical standards that follow naturopathic principles. Nutritional supplements are strictly for practitioner dispensing only and carry the AUST R label. Information required to use natural medicines properly are much more sophisticated than information marketed to the public in advertising. The main problem is that some over the counter supplements have very low quality offerings. Low quality products are formulated according to price and marketability, not therapeutic value.
Diet and Lifestyle
Food can be your medicine. Introducing healing foods into the diet and reducing the consumption of harmful foods for our health has a profound effect. Incorporating exercise promotes stress reduction, improved quality of life and maintaining a healthy weight.
Besides general pathology testing, functional testing may sometimes be recommended. Functional testing saves time and money in the long run for complicated conditions, taking the ‘guesswork’ out and providing useful information to improve your condition.
The Food Intolerance Clinic provides onsite and offsite testing:
- Zinc taste test
- Food Intolerance Testing (IgG)
- ALCAT Testing
- Adrenocortex Stress Profile
- Complete Digestive Stool Analysis (CDSA)
- Liver Detoxification Profile (FLDP)
- Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis (HTMA)
- Thyroid Function Test
The Bowen technique is a system of muscle and connective tissue therapy developed by Tom Bowen who lived and practiced in Geelong, Victoria. It utilises small and measured inputs to the body to stimulate the body to heal itself. The practitioner uses thumbs and fingers to gently move muscles and tissues. In between each set of moves, the practitioner leaves the room.
These pauses and the gentleness of the treatment are what make Bowen unique. It offers rapid, long-lasting relief from pain and discomfort. Most conditions respond within 3 sessions.
Flower essence therapy
Flower essences have a long history involving different cultures and can be traced back to thousands of years. The Australian Bush flower essences were developed by Naturopath Ian White – a 5th generation Australian herbalist. The flower essences are vibrational remedies that manage the emotional demands of everyday life.
The concept of healing is believed that good health is the result of emotional, spiritual and mental harmony. The Bush essences help in bringing positive qualities that reside within us.
Examples on some ways in which flower essences can help:
- Adjusting to a different culture
- Boost confidence and self esteem
- Reduce feelings of sadness and isolation
- Reduce constant worrying or paranoia
- Enhance relationships in difficult situations
- Enhance memory and concentration
- Enhance spirituality, empowerment and living your life purpose
- Reduce feelings of shock and trauma due to adverse events or accidents
- Promote protection when feeling energetically drained around certain people
- Reduce jet lag after an overseas trip
- Releasing unhealthy family beliefs and prejudice
- Heal from the emotional pain
- Address sibling rivalry and jealousy
- Work on childhood issues that are still manifesting in adult life