I had digestive and skin issues during my childhood and teens. It was only by coincidental elimination of dairy and wheat did my symptoms gradually improve. However my health went downhill 9 years ago when I was in Arts college studying to be a fashion designer. The late nights for project deadlines and disordered eating patterns led to worsening of my symptoms. Basically I felt crap.
I saw a Naturopath in which he gave me sound diet advice and inspired me to make lifestyle changes. Inspired by my personal experience with Naturopathy, I wanted to help others like myself achieve better health. In 2006 I got certified as a Bowen therapist – we were the first batch trained in Singapore by an Australian instructor. I practiced Bowen therapy for 8 months at a Naturopathic clinic in Singapore before embarking on Naturopathy. With encouragement from my Naturopath and support of my family, I left Singapore and came to Melbourne and studied at Endeavour College of Natural Health.
What makes the Food Intolerance Clinic different from other Naturopaths?
- Integrated and holistic approach to health: This can involve a thorough case history and consider any previous diagnosis given by other health professionals.
- Sincere and genuine service: Listening and considering any limitations to treatment success, including compliance to treatment or financial constraints
- Less is more: Instead of being quick to prescribe remedies, dietary and lifestyle suggestions are given first, followed by supplements and herbs that are finalized by a treatment plan
- Education and empowering the individual in making lasting changes in their health
- Bachelor health science (Naturopathy), member ANTA (Australian Natural Therapists Association)
- Cert IV Bowen therapy, member BAA (Bowen Association of Australia)
- Mind Body Bowen practitioner
- Level 2 Bush flower essence practitioner
- Cert. Mindfulness & Meditation Training (Level 1)